BEING CLEOPATRA: Cleopatra's Voice: The Beginning

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cleopatra's Voice: The Beginning

The pressure of the opera world was starting to take a toll on me. I was feeling so uninspired until my mentor, Scott Farthing, said, "Don't pick music based on fitting into a voice category, pick a music based on characters you connect with." A day later, I had the idea for the CD, Cleopatra's Voice. A CD completely dedicated to vocal music written about one extraordinary character, Cleopatra.

This project has been completely overwhelming as well as completely wonderful! I've been on the hunt for any music about Cleopatra I can get my hands on. Most of this music is rarely or, in some cases, never performed. As a result, the search has been frustrating but also rewarding when I have found a gorgeous jewel of a piece that the no one has heard.

Being Cleopatra will document the adventures in making Cleopatra's Voice as I become the character of Cleopatra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...